Car Love in America
Americans love their automobiles so much that they converse with them, name them, adorn them with trinkets and involve them in some of life’s most significant and personal moments. A survey among 1,000 U.S. car owners by the International Car Wash Association found that a vast majority of respondent – 84% – feel affection or emotion for their cars, equaling an estimated 116 million smitten drivers*.
A Snapshot of America’s “car love” habits:
– 90% of all car owners sing in their cars.
– 60% hold conversations with their cars.
– 50% of car owners have kissed in their cars.
– 27 % have made love in their cars.
– 27% give their cars “pet” names.
– 20% hold meetings in their cars.
– 10% got engaged in a car or knew someone who did