Americans love their automobiles so much that they converse with them, name them, adorn them with trinkets and involve them in some of life’s most significant and personal moments. A survey among 1,000 U.S. car owners by the International Car Wash Association found that a vast majority of respondent – 84% – feel affection or emotion for their cars, equaling an estimated 116 million smitten drivers*.
A Snapshot of America’s “car love” habits:
– 90% of all car owners sing in their cars.
– 60% hold conversations with their cars.
– 50% of car owners have kissed in their cars.
– 27 % have made love in their cars.
– 27% give their cars “pet” names.
– 20% hold meetings in their cars.
– 10% got engaged in a car or knew someone who did